Monday, November 30, 2009

30 Nov - Up and down, up and down

Our update began with Rebecca today from their nurse Cheryl.  Becca has had a few bradycardia issues over the last 48 hours so they are keeping a close eye on that.  Her Hematocryte level was tested and came out at 28 (40 is normal).  Okay grandmas - don't get upset about this next part, I know it is tempting.  Cheryl told me (Nicky) that there is the possibility that she may need a blood transfusion.  The thought of it makes me very uneasy but I trust that God is in control.  Will you pray with us that this isn't a necessary procedure?  Cheryl was very happy that Becca took most of her bottle this morning; she hasn't been eating very well via bottle the last few days.

Tyler on the other hand is doing well, he is on a couple different meds to help with his reflux and it seems to be working well.  Daddy went up at 4:30 to feed him and he ate 25ccs from his bottle.  Way to go little buddy!  After feeding Tyler, it was time to give Becca a little attention so daddy held her for a bit before leaving at 5:30 for shift change.

At 8pm Dad (Grandpa) and I went up for bath time/feeding time.  I breast fed Becca and she did awesome!  Grandpa held Tyler for 45 minutes while I fed Becca.  Then it was bath time for Tyler!  It was cool, he was getting fed (via tube) while I was bathing him.  How many of us can say that?  Grandpa was close by holding Becca while I was cleaning up Tyler. 

I will add some photos to this entry tomorrow sometime.  I just can't hold my eyes open any more.

Sidebar... Chopper is going in to get "fixed" (or broken depending on how you look at it) early tomorrow. 

Thank you so much for reading this and for your love and support.
Tim and Nicky

No comments:

Post a Comment