Thursday, November 26, 2009

25 Nov - Comic Relief

Thankfully Tim was able to spend another day at the hospital (taking more time off work). We were there from 11am till almost 4pm yesterday. We both got to do kangaroo care with the kids for a couple of hours each!

So we both had a few opportunities to laugh at each other (and ourselves) today. When we got to the hospital Tim changed Tyler and took his temp while I did the same for Becca. He was going to feed Bec while I held Tyler so I quickly swaddled her and handed her off to Tim. Apparently Tim was rushing through his diaper change too b/c when I got over there Tyler's hiney was hanging out of the back of his diaper! I showed Tim and we both laughed. As he continued with Becca's feeding he noticed her little feet were sticking out of the bottom of her swaddle - he couldn't let that one go. I did a really bad swaddle job (not as bad as his diaper change though) :)

Becca took her entire bottle from Tim in 19 minutes. They only let us feed by bottle for 20 minutes because any more than that, they end up burning more calories trying to suck from the bottle than they are actually getting. Good news for Becca - they moved her bottle feedings up to 3 per day! This is awesome. The next step is 4 per day and after that she gets all her feeds by bottle. Once she does this succesfully, she gets to come home!

Tyler had a few episodes of apnea yesterday - I swear he has already taken years off our life. The concensus seems to be that Tyler has a bit if reflux so they put him on Reglin yesterday. Hopefully this will help with his reflux (which causes his breathing problems). Tyler is still on one bottle feeding per day. His nurse Amanda fed him his bottle at 5am and he took half of it. So we are moving a little bit slower on his feeds but are hopefull that he will catch up to his sister quickly.


Daddy's diaper change














Mommy's bad swaddle job

Becca sucking on Tyler's elbow

1 comment:

  1. Well....at least he tried! And I have done many a swaddle job like that too!!

    So happy for the positive news!

    ReplyDelete