We headed home around 4pm (Thank you to Deb and Anthony for picking up Nicholas from school today) and decided Dad should stay home with Nicholas while I went back at 7:45 for their 8pm weighing, bath time and feeding time. Tyler weighed in at 3 lbs 10.1oz and Becca at 3 lbs 10oz; he is finally ahead of her for something. It may only be .1oz but it still counts huh buddy? Tyler is 41cm long and Becca is 42cm long. They are beginning to grow out of their preemie clothes - watch out world, here we come! I bathed Tyler first and after I got him all nice and clean and wrapped up in a blanket on my chest he decided this was as good a time as any to let one rip! And I do mean rip. He pooped all over his freshly cleaned body - I was the typical new mom... "What do I do" I asked the nurse (Amanda). When I pulled him away I also discovered that he had peed all over me too. What fun! You are still cute as ever little buddy. Becca's bath time went great until her probes had to be changed. She screamed her head off and I cried like a baby. I just couldn't stand to see those little eyes well up, she was so upset. Becca, just remember it was Amanda pulling them off, not mommy. At 9pm I headed home.
Oh - we got their social security cards today!!! What fun.
Thanks Ya'll. We love you.
Tyler's hearing test - so sweet.
Becca just after probes were taken off. Poor thing.
It is going to be okay Tyler. I love you.
Prayer time...

Congratulations on your "baptism" - us parents all have a moment like that, where some little person's bodily fluids make us lose all of our senses for a moment. But this is where you give thanks for the hospital gown you get to wear when you visit ( = someone else's laundry!)
ReplyDelete:)