Friday, November 20, 2009

20 NOV - We missed mommy today

Today, I (Tim) got to see Tyler & Becca in their new homes (bassinets).  Nicky had a hint of a scratchy throat and after tough consideration, she put our babies first and decided not to visit, just in the off chance she was coming down with something.  I applaude her for the tough decision. 

It was great to see them in their new environment.  As I approached their bassinets, they appeared to be normal, healthy babies, other than the orange feeding tubes in their noses.  Just one step closer to coming home.  Now all they need to do is figure out how to eat.  If they are anything like their mommy and daddy, that shouldn't take them long either.  Everyone knows, we love to eat!  Their feeds both went up today from 28 to 30 cc's and they seemed to be doing well with the increase.  I got to feed Tyler today with a bottle (his first attempt) while their nurse fed Becca with a bottle.  They both did ok, however they were tuckered out within about 5-10 minutes.  They are given 20 minutes to finish their 30 cc's.  Research shows, anything longer than that, they are burning more calories attempting to eat, than their actual calorie intake.  Anything they don't finish gets fed to them through their feeding tubes.  They both finished about 7-8 cc's today.  Way to go guys!

Attached are a few pictures I was able to take today.  Unfortunately, the quality may not be great since I only had my phone with me.

On the homefront, Nicholas is spending the weekend with his mom in SC.  Our attempt is to catch up a bit on our sleep and finish tidying up some things around the house.  There may not be too many more weekends with the house this quiet.

We hope everyone has a great weekend.  We are looking forward to seeing many of you at church this weekend.  It's always a treat to see everyones smiling faces and to be able to catch up with each other.  Thanks for your love and prayers. 

God bless,
T, N, N, T, B

















Tyler's new home


Becca's matching accomodations



Tyler praying - "Please don't put me back in the isolette"



Becca singing - "I'm free...to do what I want....any ole time"



"Yuck...that's what I thought of tonight's room service"

No comments:

Post a Comment