Tuesday, December 8, 2009

8 Dec - On the Home Stretch

so much to say...
Becca is up to 5lbs and Tyler is at 4lbs 11oz.  The Dr. ordered their feeds to go to every other by mouth yesterday.  That means they are up to 4 feeds by mouth.  We took their carseat in for the carseat challange.  They can't go home until each of them can sit in their carseat for an hour and a half without any problems.

I was at the hospital today for their 3pm feeding and was only able to breastfeed Becca cause Tyler couldn't wait, so he got a bottle from nurse Nancy.  I am headed back in tonight at 9pm to feed Tyler and maybe Becca too........

I just got back from the hospital and was able to feed both Tyler and Becca.  I fed Tyler first, then was able to hold him while I fed Becca.  It was great to be able to hold them both at the same time.  They did great all day and their nurse tonight felt like they MAY get to go to all feeds by mouth starting tomorrow (as long as they do well throughout the night).  That would be the last major milestone before coming home.

Thanks to Anthony and Deb for picking Nicholas up from school and letting him hang out.  We truly appreciate all that you guys do.

1 comment:

  1. woo hoo!! So exciting. Can't wait to hear they are finally going home!

    ReplyDelete