Wednesday, December 23, 2009

22 Dec - New Ideas

Becca's first day at home was great!  Her first night....not quite as good.  Nicky and I didn't sleep much, since she fussed all night and cried (Becca, not Nicky).  I think it just took some getting used to her new surroundings.  She woke up cold because her Preemie sleeper was too small and her arms were exposed.  She can no longer fit in her preemie stuff...now it's Newborn.  We have lots of clothes but didn't have any warm Newborn sleepers...so I got to do some baby clothes shopping today. 

Today, Becca had her first doctor's appointment (Nicholas got to go to the doctor too, since he was awfully congested).  Good news to report for both....Nicholas - small sinus issue; taking antibiotics as a safety measure and will get to hold Becca within a couple of days.  He was crushed.  Becca was great in the doctor's eyes as well.  Their pediatrician is great (today was the first time we got to meet him.)

Becca did great all day and night tonight so far.  She slept and ate....just like in the hospital, unlike last night.  Nicky and her mom headed in to see Tyler tonight and do some last minute Christmas shopping.  Nicholas and I had a great evening taking care of Rebecca and watching a movie.

New idea....the discharge nurse/coordinator in the ISN called tonight to discuss a new plan for Tyler.  The staff really wants to get him home...so after much discussion today between the discharge coordinator, the nurses and Tyler's doctor, they decided they wanted Nicky to "room in" again and feed Tyler (in her room without any monitors or anything) for 24 hours.  If he does well, they will most likely let him come home Christmas eve.  The nurses are having a heck of a time with his feeds and his breathing problems, however he normally does great when feeding with Nicky and I....which is the reason for the new plan.  So, tomorrow night is the night for Nicky.  Grandma V and I are on Becca watch tonigt so Nicky can get a good night sleep and be ready for her long 24 hours, alone with Tyler.

Becca got some more visitors today.  Tim & Lisa stopped by for just a bit.  It was great for them to finally meet Becca.  Everyone's tuckered out here...especially Chopper.  Check out the picture with her sleeping on Nicholas' bed...with her tongue hangin out!

I think this has been God's plan all along....to ease the burden at home, one baby at a time. 

Please continue to keep us in your prayers for the next 36 hours.  Maybe we will have both of our beautiful babies home by then.






No comments:

Post a Comment