As of last night here are their stats...
Tyler - 5lbs 2oz, 45cm long, 34cm head circ
Becca - 5lbs 5oz, 48cm long, 33.5cm head circ
Today mom and I (Nicky) went in at 3pm to feed the babes. I breast fed both (not at the same time though) and they both did good, Becca pooped out on me after about 20 minutes and Tyler was steady for just over 30 minutes.
The Doctor's orders today were for both Tyler and Becca to go back to every other feed by mouth. We are not discouraged, we know that their feeds will be increased when they are ready.
*As we were leaving tonight (about 5:30) we ran into one of the moms from our multiples class who was pregnant with triplets the last time we saw her. One of her babies, Jason is in isolation with RSV. Her babies were born at 25 weeks and 4 days and are all struggling. Please say a prayer for all three of their babies but especially for Jason. It was all I could do not to totally loose it in front of her. When we left she and her husband were standing outside the room where Jason was just looking in at him. I just can't imagine not being able to touch, hold, comfort or wisper to one of our babies. My heart just breaks for them. Please keep them in your prayers.
As we were leaving the hospital I realized that we are so so blessed to have two healthy babies and to fret about when they will be coming home when these parents are wondering instead if their babies will come home instead of when. I promise not to worry any more about the day we get to bring them home. Will I wonder when and think about it, yes of course.
Thank you all so much for your continued love and support.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love your updates Nicky! Thanks for sharing your blog with me! Can't wait to meet those previous babies in person. I will be praying for all of you.
ReplyDeleteStephanie
Hey there! I just realized the triplets you are referring are those of a friend I graduated with! Small world! Saying prayers for all the babies and trusting the God will take care of them - and you all too! :-)
ReplyDelete